Content had been a major task before the rebrand, both for us and for LifeWorks. But when the brand change was announced, several lines of business suddenly had new priorities. This meant we needed to step up and take over content creation.
We began by doing more research and creating a content strategy, working with lines of business to create content plans for the new LifeWorks site.
We worked closely with many teams to plan out the impact on communications, and ended up making several changes—renaming domain names, updating navigation labels, making extensive edits to the writing style guide, and so on.
Wireframes for different pages within the website were created next, each with the goal of giving LifeWorks’ clients what they most needed from the site. (And we knew these goals, remember, from the research we had done to kick off the project.)
But we didn’t stop there. We believe strongly in validating our assumptions, so we took the wireframes—and did user-testing—with clients and others who weren’t familiar with the content. This helped us confirm (or rethink) our plan for each page and make sure the content was clear, concise, and easy to understand.
Then, based on what we had learned, we interviewed more than 30 stakeholders and prepared a content brief for each of approximately 80 pages of content. Then our writers crafted most of that content, executing it to the LifeWorks strategy and website templates. Finally, we folded the content back into the wireframes, reviewed it with the appropriate stakeholders, and worked with the translation team to get it all into the French side of the site.